Original copy is one of the major pillars of subba. It creates the strong foundation and distinct feel that we strive for throughout the magazine, the website and all our social channels.
We put a lot of value in the quality and originality of the texts and, by means of a more autonomous approach, aim to tell a good story in every article.
Your article should be a conversation, rather than sticking to the questions you’ve prepared. Telling a story is important, but interaction is as well.
The questions shouldn’t be that long. It's better to ask 1 question at a time and not to include more in 1 sentence. Your subject will be more focused on answering them. Depending on the conversation and topic, a variety of 8 questions are okay.
In the case of a New Master article, we expect at least 3 to 4 questions related to the exhibition!
- snippet (appears on the front page and refers to the subject, place and content)
- introduction of the article (what event is the article linked to? what kind of music, who are the musicians,...)
- body interview
- 3 quotes
- questions DC in bold
- album, book, film, exhibition titles in italics
- song titles in 'single quotes'
- laughter should all be like [laughs]
- 'single-quote marks ("doubles inside single ones")'
- UK/international English conventions: honour, not honor; organise, not organize etc.
- single spaces throughout
- no capital after a colon
- no serial/Oxford commas: so, no comma before ‘and’ or ‘or’ in lists except where absolutely necessary for sense date/Month: for ex. 01.06.202
- full stops in times (not colons); always 4 figures: 19.00
- no space after euro sign; prices take a full stop: €14.50
- no capitals needed for musical genres
- numbers: write out one to ten; figures for 11 and up (exceptions: when starting a sentence always write out; use figures for units of measurement)
- no full stops after intros or streamers/quotes
Length : intro 60 words + body 750 words (both online as in the magazine)
By sending your files and accepting our payments you grant us permission to use your t on all channels; magazines, socials, website, ... + on your own channels ONLY.
If the subject or partner wishes to publish your work on their channels, you're free to negotiate a good price with them for that use.
We would appreciate it if the publication on your own channels
happens after we have published them on the website and our socials. :-)
We also ask our writers to make a couple of short, unedited (iPhone) videos while the shoot happens.
Our online team can use them to make the shoot more interesting and alive on social media.
€100 per article
Evy will send you a SignRequest form to complete your payment in the weeks after your shoot. Astrid is not involved in the payments so Evy is the one to talk to about it! Please note: Evy is working 1 day/week so bear in mind it can take a couple of weeks before finalising.
If you prefer to make an invoice, you can state these details on your invoice:
We Promised / different class
VAT: BE 0518.883.880
IBAN: BE64 3630 9483 8152
We don’t cover travel expenses or any other extra costs.